Wanna know my #1 secret to go on vacay while my photography business is still RUNNING?!!?
I HAVE HELP I KNOW SHOCKER. I am not a one-woman business and straight up I don’t know how I would do it ALL with 2 kids, a fam, multiple businesses, and endless tasks🥵
Lemme break that down for you even more into the juicy details and give you a peek behind the curtain in my photography business. Here we go….
1. CPA: Accountant who does my taxes each quarter and I sign documents and send and pay the bills
2. VA: She does a blog post every other week for me and I send over the photos and copy and she puts it all together as well as managing my Pinterest
3. Assistant Photographer: My assistant helps me second shoot Weddings or takes on any session I’m unavailable for because I get booked out real quick
4. Assistant: Back-end work of sending off galleries to vendors, coordinating second shooters for me if needed, and follow-up emails with clients.
5. Editor: Saves me countless HOURS and hours. I edit a portion of the gallery to make sure it’s up to my standards exactly how I like it and then his team of editors match my edits to a tee!
Setting yourself up for Success
If I am not obsessed with something or it’s not my zone of genius I outsource it to someone who enjoys it and that’s their expertise. I have been doing this for a long time and I’ve learned to let go of certain tasks that don’t light me up. So I can serve more people and focus on moving the needle and not always working in my business.
Now I have a challenge for you.
Find something that is sucking the energy out of you isn’t your ZONE OF GENIUS. Maybe it’s doing laundry to find ways to delegate. Or maybe you don’t like emails find an assistant to help or a friend. Maybe you have absolutely no clue how to do taxes, my hand is raised for that!!! And outsource work. I outsource 24/7 but you can start off with once a year, once a month, once a week whatever works for you to give you that renewed energy & passion ya neeed!!
Co-host + Workshop coordinators: @anelabenavides @kailakeyphoto
Venue: Hawaii Vista Weddings
Styled shoot design + setup: Ambient Rentals
Florist: Summer Reign Floral
Models: @dani.xx.ela @carterbreen
Dress: Masako Bridals
Tux: Asos Man
Photographer: Anela Benavides Photography
For more Photography Business tips, check out these blog posts!
My Fav Business Books + Podcasts
How to Find your Dream Clients